The methods of requesting shipment each have their own subsection; the information in this current section applies to all methods.
- Using the Console to Ship to a Single Address
- Shipping to Multiple Addresses
- Using the API to Execute a Shipping Request
If the address validation service catches a discrepancy between an address in a shipping request and post office standards, it will propose a change. Such requests are shown as “Incomplete” in the Status column of the Console, and they must be reviewed and the proposed change accepted or rejected before the request can be processed. Instructions for handling incompletes are given in Reviewing Incompletes.
When requesting shipment, it is necessary to distinguish between inventory purchased directly from Yubico and inventory purchased from Yubico’s channel partners. The Dashboard shows your total inventory of any given product, combining quantities purchased from all sources: both directly from Yubico and indirectly through channel partners (if applicable).
The source of a purchase order (PO) is always referred to as a channel partner, even if the source was Yubico, whose ChannelPartnerId is “1”.
If you have inventory from a channel partner, you must check your POs to determine which inventory you are going to use in any given shipment.
Channel Partner ID¶
Before shipment, the ID and the name of the channel partner are shown:
- On the PO detail page, e.g., “Purchase order from channel partner 24 : Alpha_partner” where “24” is the channel partner ID
- Once you have selected the Channel partner name on the Single shipment tab (accessed by clicking Create shipment request), the Channel partner ID populates automatically.
After shipment, the Channel partner ID is shown on the Shipment Request detail page (Shipments tab > ID of shipment request)
Requesting Shipment from Multiple Channel Partners¶
To request shipment from two or more inventories, make a shipment request for each inventory. For example, to have three YubiKey 5C NFC delivered to Jan Lindberg, even if your dashboard shows that you have three such keys, if one of those keys was purchased from Yubico, the second from channel partner A and the third key from channel partner B, there must be three shipment requests, each one of them drawing on a different inventory.
Shipment requests can be edited or deleted until 1600hrs UTC (8am PST / 9am PDT) on the day they were entered. At 1600hrs UTC shipment requests are locked for processing. Shipment requests put in after that time will not be processed until the following week-day.
|Normal (standard) shipping:|
|Shipments typically will take 5-7 days for transit in N. America and Europe. Some parts of the world may incur longer transit times.|
|Expedited (rush) shipping:|
|Shipments typically will take 1 business day for transit in North America and Europe. Some parts of the world may incur longer transit times.|
Limits & Constraints¶
- Each shipping request is limited to 500 items. You can order 500 keys of a single type, or 250 lanyards plus 250 keys of different types, etc.
- Each CSV file is limited to 1000 shipment requests (bulk shipment)
- Each CSV file is limited to 10 MB
- Address validation takes place every 15 minutes. This means that you might have to wait up to 15 minutes to find out if your shipment request has been queued for fulfillment (see Shipping Status Codes).
- Non-subscription purchases: Shipment requests can be made for up to one year after a PO is submitted.
- Subscription purchases: Time limits for shipment requests depend on the stock/inventory from which the products are drawn.
The full list of options potentially available is given below. The actual list depends on what you have purchased. Explanations for the terms in the list are given in the table below the list.
With the release of YubiEnterprise Delivery 1.6.0, the distinction between Primary Subscription and Backup Subscription is made explicit, thus facilitating requesting shipment.
Full List of Inventory Types
- Primary Subscr - Base Tier: Initial
- Primary Subscr - Base Tier: Buffer
- Primary Subscr - Base Tier: Replacement
- Primary Subscr - Adv. Tier: Initial
- Primary Subscr - Adv. Tier: Buffer
- Primary Subscr - Adv. Tier: Replacement
- Primary Subscr - Prem. Tier: Initial
- Primary Subscr - Prem. Tier: Buffer
- Primary Subscr - Prem. Tier: Replacement
- Primary Subscr - FIPS Tier: Initial
- Primary Subscr - FIPS Tier: Buffer
- Primary Subscr - FIPS Tier: Replacement
- Backup Subscr - Base Tier: Initial
- Backup Subscr - Base Tier: Buffer
- Backup Subscr - Base Tier: Replacement
- Backup Subscr - Adv. Tier: Initial
- Backup Subscr - Adv. Tier: Buffer
- Backup Subscr - Adv. Tier: Replacement
- Backup Subscr - Prem. Tier: Initial
- Backup Subscr - Prem. Tier: Buffer
- Backup Subscr - Prem. Tier: Replacement
- Backup Subscr - FIPS Tier: Initial
- Backup Subscr - FIPS Tier: Buffer
- Backup Subscr - FIPS Tier: Replacement
- Non-subscription - Base Tier
- Non-subscription - Advanced Tier
- Non-subscription - Premium Tier
- Non-subscription - FIPS Tier
- Standard Products
Standard products are
physical keys purchased
outright (on your PO
you will not find
but instead the actual
There is a primary
subscription and a backup
subscription for each
tier (product grouping):
Base, Advanced, Premium,
and FIPS. Each of those
tiers has Initial,
Buffer, and Replacement
in the table below,
tiers are for virtual
tiers have no
The stock in this category reflects the
total number of users on the subscription. This
lot can be drawn upon for 12 months from the
start of your subscription term.
This category is made available to you free of
charge when your subscription begins. You can
draw on it throughout the term of your
This category is intended for those who have
lost their YubiKeys or want to upgrade. The
stock in this category is reset each year of
the subscription to the Replacement limit.
For more details on subscription and non-subscription purchasing, see Modes of Purchase.
The address validation service flags addresses that are problematic or defective in some way, and displays this information on the Console in the Status column on the Dashboard tab. For a complete list of the different statuses and what they indicate, see Shipping Status Codes. To ensure your shipping request is accepted and processed, always verify that it has not been flagged Incomplete.
On the Shipments tab, in the Actions menu next to the Create shipping request button, select Review incompletes. The list of shipping requests with incomplete addresses is displayed:
Review incomplete addresses
To find out what is wrong with an address and/or correct it, click the Edit icon at the end of the row containing the item. See Editing or Deleting a Shipment. The Edit shipment screen indicates the problem, as shown in the screenshot below, for example.
Error in name of recipient
The address validation process stops at the first error it finds in a given request (or in the case of a CSV file, in a given row). In the screenshot above, it stopped at the name of the recipient, but the address in the example above would not be validated either. For this reason, continue to run the Review Incompletes activity until no more errors are found in your shipment request.
Editing or Deleting a Shipment¶
You can update an address or delete a shipping request until it is locked for processing and fulfillment - see Timing.
To delete shipment requests made via CSV file, see Deleting Multiple Shipments.
To edit a shipment, click the Edit icon in the appropriate row of the table. The Edit shipment - <ID> screen appears, as shown below.
Edit shipment screen
Either make the required changes and click Update or click Delete shipment. The update function validates the fields, with a mouseover warning on any fields requiring input, as shown in the screenshot below:
Verify that the system is able to validate all the input in your shipment request by running the Review Incompletes activity (see Reviewing Incompletes).