Manage shipments from your inventory of purchased YubiKeys on the Shipments tab. Org Owners and Admins can request shipments and edit the requests if they have not yet been processed. The request processing stage is shown in the Status column; see also Shipment Request Status.
- Request shipment to a single address (Using the Console to Ship to a Single Address)
- Do bulk requests (Shipping to Multiple Addresses)
- Use the API to make shipment requests (Using the API to Execute a Shipping Request)
- Download a record of the requests you have made (Downloading the CSV File of Shipment Requests)
- Notify end-users that Yubico products are being shipped to them (Notifying End-Users of Shipment and Delivery).
On the Shipments tab, you can sort on the Date, Delivery, Fee, and Status columns. To view all the details for a given request, including the email address of the person who made the request and the status of the request, click on the ID of the request.
Column Headings - Shipments Tab¶
|Id:||To view the details of a particular shipment request, click its ID to display it as a popup. To view an example of the details of a shipment request, see Shipment Request Status below.|
|Date:||Date on which the shipment request was made.|
|The address to which the shipment was or will be sent.|
|Delivery:||Type of shipping, Normal or Expedited.|
|Fee:||Cost of shipping; for details, see Shipping.|
|Status:||For a list of the different statuses and their meanings, see the shipment_state_message column on the far right of Shipping Status Codes.|
|Tracking:||To see where a shipment has got to, click its tracking number to go to the site of the shipper.|
The Search field on the upper left of the Shipments tab enables you to locate any element in a shipping request, even partial words or numbers.
For partial words or partial numbers, be sure not to select the is exact checkbox.
- Date range - You can specify a start date and an end date for shipment requests that will restrict the results returned to the requests placed between the dates (inclusive) specified. If only the end date is specified, all results up to and including the end date will be returned. If only the start date is specified, all results up to and including the date of search will be returned.
- Search on specified field - You can specify the columns to be searched for a specified string by clicking the checkboxes for the relevant columns.
- Exact match - To find the exact match of the search term in the field, select the is exact checkbox.
Shipment Request Status¶
To find out whether individual shipment requests have been processed, have been delivered, the prices, the inventory from which they came, etc., either:
- Click the shipment request ID in the ID column on the Shipments tab
- Click the shipment request ID in the Recent Shipments section of the Dashboard.
The screenshot below shows one of the most common errors: the recipient’s company name is missing, and in the cases where this error appears, there are multiple companies at the address given. No costs are displayed because nothing was shipped.
Shipment Request ID Popup
The delivery shipping costs are covered in Shipping.
Sometimes the information on the shipment request ID popup is so voluminous that to dismiss the popup, you need to hit the Escape key.
Downloading the CSV File of Shipment Requests¶
Organization owners, admins, and auditors can download a record of the shipment requests that have been made (the information on the Shipments tab) as a CSV file by clicking the Download CSV button next to the Shipment request button on the Shipments tab. There are two options:
- The entire contents can be downloaded - i.e., all the rows in the table, even if there are multiple pages.
- Search results. If a search term is entered into the Search field, the rows containing the search term will be downloaded as a CSV file.
To download the shipments table as a CSV file,
- To get the whole table, ensure the Search field is empty, and click Download CSV.
- To get only those rows of the table that contain a particular word or partial word, enter your search term into the Search field, and click Download CSV:
Column Headings in the Shipment Requests Table¶
The Shipment Requests table downloaded as a CSV file combines the information in the shipment ID popup with what is shown on the Shipments tab plus additional information. The column headings are listed below.
Although all currency amounts displayed by the system are in US dollars, contracts, purchase orders, and invoices, etc. use the currency applicable to the parties involved.
- A - shipment_id - The unique identifier assigned by YubiEnterprise Delivery to every shipment request
- B - shipment_request_date - month/day/year
- C - shipment_update_date - month/day/year
- D - organization_name - Name of the customer organization on behalf of which the shipment request was made (typically the same throughout the file)
- E - user_email - The email address of the YubiEnterprise Delivery user who made the shipment request
- F - country_code_2 - Two-letter country code provided in
- G - inventory_type - Depends on items entered in customer PO; e.g., Standard Inventory Keys, Subscription Initial Stock, Subscription Buffer Stock, Subscription Replacement Stock, Tier Perpetual Key, YubiKey Shipment, YubiKey Tier SKU Shipment
- H - is_delivered - TRUE or FALSE
- I - is_shipped - TRUE or FALSE
- J - tracking_number - Tracking number assigned by fulfillment agency
- K - recipient_email
- L - recipient_firstname
- M - recipient_lastname
- N - recipient_telephone
- O - street_line1
- P - street_line2
- Q - street_line3
- R - city
- S - region
- T - postal_code
- U - delivery_type - Normal or Expedited
- V - shipment_state_code - see Shipping Status Codes
- W - shipment_state_id - see Shipping Status Codes
- X - shipment_state_message - see Shipping Status Codes
- Y - shipment_summary_description - Total number of keys plus number of each type, e.g.,
Total Keys: 2 yk5c:1, sky2:1
- Z - shipment_product_cost - Cost of product alone, without tax, VAT, or shipping
- AA - shipment_product_taxes - Cell is populated if products are shipped to location where sales tax is applicable. Amount of sales tax levied on product
- AB - shipment_product_vat - Cell is populated if products are shipped to location where VAT is applicable. Amount of VAT levied on product
- AC - shipping_service_cost - Cost of shipping
- AD - shipping_service_taxes - Cell is populated if products are shipped to location where sales tax is applicable. Amount of sales tax levied on shipping
- AE - shipping_service_vat - Cell is populated if products are shipped to location where VAT is applicable. Amount of VAT levied on shipping
- AF - total_shipment_product_cost - Cost of product(s) with tax or VAT (AA + AB or AC), does not include shipping costs or tax or VAT on them
- AG - total_shipment_tax_cost - Cell is populated if products are shipped to location where sales tax is applicable. Total sales taxes levied on product(s) plus shipping costs (AB + AE)
- AH - total_shipping_service_cost - Total shipping costs including taxes or VAT levied on them (AD + AE or AF)
- AI - total_keys_shipped - Total number of products shipped
- AJ - purchaseorder_numbers - If multiple POs were drawn on for a single request, they are separated by a pipe, e.g.,
Notifying End-Users of Shipment and Delivery¶
The YubiEnterprise Delivery system automatically notifies recipients by email when products are sent to them (see the SHIPPED template below) and when they are delivered (see the DELIVERED template below) .
If there is a problem with delivery, the system automatically sends an email notification to the person who made the shipping request (see the DELIVERY EXCEPTIONS template below).
The variables in angle brackets in the templates below are automatically replaced.
Subject: YubiKeys shipped! To: <Email address of recipient provided in shipping request> Hello, <Name of recipient, or if absent, company name> Your YubiKeys have been shipped. If you have any questions, please reach out to your company administrator. <Custom text, if any> YubiKeys Shipped: <Type of YubiKey> <Quantity> Delivered To: <Name and address of recipient> <Name of Carrier> Tracking Number: <TrackingNumber> Sincerely, Your YubiEnterprise Delivery Service Team This is an automatically generated message from Yubico. Replies are not monitored or answered.
Subject: YubiKeys Delivered! To: <Email address of recipient provided in shipping request> Hello, <Name of recipient, or if absent, company name> Your YubiKeys have been delivered. If you have any questions, please reach out to your company administrator. <Custom text, if any> YubiKeys Delivered: <Type of YubiKey> <Quantity> Delivered To: <Name and address of recipient> <Name of Carrier> Tracking Number: <TrackingNumber> Sincerely, Your YubiEnterprise Delivery Service Team This is an automatically generated message from Yubico. Replies are not monitored or answered.
Subject: YubiKeys Delivery Exceptions! To: <Email address of end-user, intended recipient> Hello <Name of end-user> Your Shipment request for YubiKeys has delivery exceptions. Please reach out to your company administrator. You can also reach out to us at YubiEnterprise Support <https://www.yubico.com/products/yubienterprise/contact-support/> <Custom text, if any> Delivery Details: <Type of YubiKey> <Quantity> Deliver To: <Address of intended recipient> <Name of Carrier> Tracking Number: <TrackingNumber> <Error text> Sincerely, Your YubiEnterprise Delivery Service Team This is an automatically generated message from Yubico. Replies are not monitored or answered.
Customizing the Automated Emails¶
One of the primary reasons for customizing the automated emails is when you do not need your end-users to reach out directly to Yubico if they have questions. Usually it is desirable for end-users to contact your own organization’s IT department if they have issues understanding how YubiKeys fit into your organization’s services access model.
These standard emails can be customized by adding text to the existing standard email templates. The custom text is inserted in the standard template at the place where
<Custom text, if any> is located in the templates shown above. Note that the SHIPPED and DELIVERED emails are sent to every recipient, so customization is not suitable for sending an individual greeting.
To file a support ticket for YubiEnterprise Delivery, click Support.